Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
My cousin in KC, MO just gave me this different recipe. She said to follow the simple steps and it will thicken as it sits. Sounds really great and her family loves it. I guessed the amount of ounces for a can of apricots (from trying to find them on the Del Monte website) but my cousin just said to use "a can" so use your own judgment!
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can apricot halves, cut up, reserve liquid
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spread the cranberries on the foil in a single layer. Bake until the berries start to pop, about 15 minutes or so.
- Take the sheet out of the oven and add the sugar and the cut up apricots, with the juice/syrup on top of the berries and mix a bit.
- Return to the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and it should look runny but as it sits and cools, it will thicken.
- Mix to blend flavors and serve cooled or at room temperature.