Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Loveless Cafe, Nashville, TN
Top Review by Outta Here
Very flavorful and moist. I subbed ground turkey for the beef, and it still stayed moist. I loved the tomatoes in this, and I usually don't like doing "freeform" meatloaf, but this worked great and gave more surface for the sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs ground round
- 3⁄4 cup drained petite diced tomato
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Saute onion and garlic in hot oil in a small skillet over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk together egg and the next 4 ingredients in a big bowl.
- Add ground beef, tomatoes, and oats; combine using hands.
- Shape mixture into a 9 x 5 inch loaf; place on a lightly greased rack in a foil-lined broiler pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until no longer pink in center.
- Place barbecue sauce in a small bowl; cover and microwave in HIGH 30 seconds or until warm.
- Spread barbecue sauce evenly on top of meatloaf; let stand 10 minutes before serving.