Recipe by yooper
The funny lady can bake too! These are great to serve with coffee or afternoon tea. Also good with a nice cold glass of milk.
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh red raspberries
Sugar Crumb Topping
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons semisweet chocolate, grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt and cool unsalted butter.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- butter an 8 or 9 inch round or square baking pan.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, beat together egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Stir in butter.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until nearly smooth.
- spread batter evenlyh in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with raspberries.
- Top with Sugar Crumb Topping.
- Bake in preheated oven until nicely browned, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool on rack until warm.
- Serve warm.
- Sugar Crumb Topping: With metal blade in place, add all ingredients to food processor.
- Process to a fine consistency.