Recipe by Kimke
This is a recipe that my husband's family just loves. It is so good. It is a really quick appetizer to make (but a bit messy). Everyone just devours them. Good to double or triple.
Top Review by bratty
I had no mess with these, I put the mixture into a pastry bag, and filled the caps. These turned out just great, BF raved on the first bite. I actually had an odd number of mushrooms, so I ended up with extra filling. I used the extra filling, and added some twice baked potatoes to the menu, they were YUM as well. Great little recipe here, that I will definately make the next time we entertain some company.
- 20 mushrooms (pop stems and chop stems)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 package bacon (cooked very crisp and crumbled)
- 1 1⁄2 packages cream cheese (can use light)
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave onion and chopped mushroom for 2 minutes on high.
- Stir and cook a bit longer.
- While hot, mix in cream cheese.
- Add bacon.
- Spoon into mushroom caps.
- Sprinkle freshly grated parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees.