Recipe by Missy Wombat
A raw food vegan cake recipe which I have posted out of interest and have never tried.
Top Review by mliss29
Awesome! I just used walnuts & pecan straight out of the package. (Didn't soak or dehydrate. From my reading, I think it's supposed to make the nuts crispier. But I thought it seemed like too much effort. lol. I'm lazy.) I thought maybe the carob coating would be too bitter for my young'uns, so I made a few with coconut and a few with ground pecans. But 3-year-old son gobbled them up! I had to tell him to slow down so there'd be some left for taking a picture. Oh! I tried with and without oiled hands and they went fine without that. Thank you! Reviewed for My-3-Chefs.
- 1 cup pecans, soaked for 12 hours,drained,and dehydrated for 12 hours
- 1 cup walnuts, soaked for 12 hours,drained,and dehydrated for 12 hours
- 1⁄2 lb pitted dates
- 1⁄4 cup raw honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, ground to powder
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- carob powder, for coating balls
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pecans, walnuts, and dates in food processor and process until the mixture is ground fine.
- Add honey, salt, vanilla, and orange zest to the nut and date mixture, and process until finely chopped.
- Oil hands and roll mixture into quarter size balls.
- Place carob powder on a plate and roll the balls in powder 2 times.