Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
fantastic! no cook food processor concoction perfect for snacking on 'round the clock. Original idea from Julie Stafford's 'Taste of Life' series, based on Pritikin principles.
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup other dried fruit, eg sultanas
- 1⁄2 cup brazil nut (original recipe uses almonds in their skins)
- 2 cups rolled oats (I substitute 1/3 - 1/2 cup LSA mix)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened carob powder
- 2 tablespoons approx rice syrup (have also used glucose syrup and honey successfully)
- Combine all ingredients, except syrup, in a *sturdy* food processor (I broke my el cheapo on this recipe). Process and slowly add syrup until mixture begins to stick together. Press into slice tin lined with greaseproof paper, refrigerate until firm.
Highly addictive for a healthy treat. Used only 1 tablespoon of honey as the dates and raisins already make this very sweet.