Recipe by mliss29
From Jane Kinderlehrer's Art of Cooking with Love and Wheat Germ. I haven't tried it yet, but I think it sounds good.
Top Review by Sharon123
Ooh, what a yummy little treat this is! I halved the recipe easily;. I had forgotten I used the last of my tahini, so subbed almond butter. Good stuff! Thank you Melissa, I'll be making this again! Made for the Vegetarian Swap-December.
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, grated and unsweetened
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds, ground
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ (raw)
- 1⁄4 cup carob powder
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix it all together.
- Separate in half, place each piece on waxed paper, and shape into a one-inch thick roll.
- Wrap in the waxed paper and keep in the refrigerator.
- Cut off one-inch pieces as needed.
- Variation: Leave out the carob from half the recipe to have two different kinds.