Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Because dogs cannot eat chocolate because of potential poisoning, we thought we would add a recipe for "Dog Friendly" candy. These are quick to whip up, and dogs love them! You can find carob powder and carob chips at your local health food store. Cooking time is time in refrigerator.
- In double boiler, melt carob chips, stirring continually.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter and wheat germ.
- Stir until mixture thickens enough to form balls in the palm of your hand. (It may be necessary to cool the mixture in the refrigerator)
- Form balls and roll or sprinkle with wheat germ.
- Transfer to airtight container and refrigerate.