Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Helga Trask A gorgeous snack that is not just comfort food but healthy comfort food with carob's benefits of more calcium, fewer calories, and less fat than chocolate apparently. Includes 2 hours chilling time.
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup carob powder
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Heat the honey and peanut butter gently.
- Fold in other ingredients when soft.
- Pour on to a non-stick baking dish.
- Spread to 1-2 centimetres thick.
- Chill, cut into squares.