Recipe by Anita Harris
I have purchased these doggy cookies at a pet store and my 2 Boston Terriers love them but they don't always have them in the store so I went in search of the recipe. I found this one on recipegoldmine. You can find the carob chips at the health food store. NOTE: You can use smooth or chunky peanut butter.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup carob chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the flour and the baking powder.
- In a smaller bowl combine the peanut butter, milk, eggs and honey. Mix until well blended.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a hand beater. After the ingredients are mixed, add the carob chips just until combined.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a teaspoon ( or a tablespoon if making for a big dog) drop the cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let stand 1 minute then remove from cookie sheet. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container or zip-lock bag.