White Rose Child's Note:
Let it suffice to say that these are possibly my favorite cookies of all time; we mainly make them at Christmas to INDULGE! They are from the awesomely wonderful "Vive Le Vegan" by Dreena Burton, one of my veg food idols!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour or 3/4 cup spelt flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon unbleached white flour (see note) or 1 cup spelt flour (see note)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dried shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup carob chips (I use unsweetened)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, coconut, sugar and salt.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, extracts, and oil, then stir in the carob chips and tasted pecans.
- 3Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir just until they're well combined (don't overmix!).
- 4Spoon the batter onto a nonstick or parchment paper-lined sheet, flattening each just a little. Bake for 9-12 minutes, until lightly golden (any longer and you risk drying them out). Let cool for about 1 minute on the sheet, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5Note: I always use the spelt flour, but Zaar doesn't recognize it so I put the white flour as the first option for nutritional accuracy. I put regular salt rather than sea salt for the same reason.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carob-Coconut-Pecan Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.8
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 88.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: