Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
I just bought some roasted carob powder, and this recipe was on the back of the can. A great alternative to chocolate.!
- 1 cup milk (cow, soy, rice, or almond)
- 1 tablespoon carob powder (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan. Heat until hot (do not boil!).
- Pour into a cup and enjoy!
What a wonderful treat!! Made this for DH as an after dinner treat, but personally think it would be a better bed time treat. Made as written. Thanks for the post.
This is great masha Allah. I did use dibis karoub (Middle Eastern carob syrup) instead of the powder but I know the powder would have been better (chocolatier/carobier) I made ours two ways. Once with recipe#174601 and another time using recipe#392870. I had a feeling the tahini milk would go so well with this, and it did which I preferred. Made for The Big Fat Greek Tag Game! For the WHOLE of September 2010 in KK's forum.
Delicious Sharon! What a nice bedtime treat. Love the smell of carob. I used agave and rice milk - it was fab!