Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are dense, moist, and deeply carob-y. I like to serve them chilled very cold with whipped cream. They are more fudgelike than cakelike. This recipe comes from my sister who served them to me after my son was born. I believe she got this from the "Deaf County Country Cookbook."
- Mix flours, carob powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine egg yolks, molasses, oil, water, and vanilla.
- Add to the flour and mix well.
- Add nuts and stir.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
- Spread in an oiled 8 inch square pan.
- Bake 25-35 minutes at 325°F.