Recipe by Feingold Mom
Another excellent dessert and so easy to make. My son is allergic to chocolate so I spend my life finding yummy carob recipes. This was a winner.
Top Review by rainburkett
At the time of this review, the error noted in the previous review has been fixed, so the liquid/flour ratio is just fine. However, I still did not like these brownies. They were very cake-like and not really sweet enough to be called brownies. They would make an OK breakfast bread, but the banana flavor was so pronounced, you could almost leave out the carob. On the good side, though, these were nice and moist. If I made it again, I would add a lot less baking powder and more honey.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or white)
- 1⁄2 cup chatfield's carob powder
- 1 2⁄3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. IN a blender combine remaining ingredients or mix well by hand. When blended, the yield will be approximately 2 ½ cups. Add blended ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Prepare a square cake pan by buttering and then liberally dusting with carob powder to prevent sticking. Add batter. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.