Recipe by daisygrl64
Treat the kids to these delicious Caramel Apples. Be sure to treat yourself to one it will bring back memories of your young years at the carnival :) From Land-O-Lakes Cookbook
Top Review by rsfrain
Excellent carmel for apples. Fast and easy to make. I let the carmel cool just a little before dipping and helped it to stay on the apples a little better without so much runoff. Makes excellent carmels also. Thanks, this is a keeper.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 dash salt
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 -14 tart apples, washed, dries
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- in 2 qt saucepan melt butter, add brown sugar, corn syrup and salt, cook over med heat stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a full boil 10 to 12 minutes.
- stir in sweetened condensed milk.
- continue cooking stirring occasionally until candy thermometer reaches 245*F or small amount of mixture forms a firm ball 20 to 25 minutes.
- remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- dip apples in caramel mixture, dip end of apples in chopped peanuts.
- place on greased waxed paper.
- refrigerate until firm, about 10 minutes.