4 hrs 30 mins
Happy Hippie's Note:
This recipe is courtesy of the Hass Avocado Board. This sounds absolutely delicious; I can't wait to prepare it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large heavy saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine pork chunks, broth and salsa.
- 2Add enough water to completely cover meat. Cover and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat to low and simmer (covered) for 3 to 4 hours or until meat pulls apart easily.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 5Remove meat from liquid in pot (discard liquid) and place in a roasting pan.
- 6Break meat into small chunks.
- 7Roast meat for 15-20 minutes until brown and crispy.
- 8While meat is roasting, combine diced avocado with prepared pico de gallo.
- 9Spoon carnitas into sandwich rolls and top with avocado salsa and sour cream.
- 10Serving suggestion: Meat can be prepared in advance and transported warm to party.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carnitas Sandwich With Avocado Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 824.6
- Calories from Fat 523
- Total Fat 58.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 161.5 mg
- Sodium 992.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 45.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pico de gallo