8 hrs 10 mins
My husband and I love Carnitas, we just like them spicy! This is a crock pot recipe you finish off in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs pork butt or 3 lbs pork butt steaks
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies
- 7 ounces chipotle peppers in adobo seasoning, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup juice from jarred jalapeno
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Place pork in crock pot.
- 2Add everything else.
- 3Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8.
- 4You want the pork fork tender so you can pull it apart using 2 forks.
- 5When done place a large mixing bowl on the counter and center a collander.
- 6Strain the juice from the pork mixture and reserve.
- 7Return meat mixture to the crock pot and pull the pork apart, leaving small chunks.
- 8Keep crock pot on warm.
- 9Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 10Place pulled pork in a baking pan-single layer.
- 11Add enough reserved juice to moisten.
- 12Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the meat just starts to brown.
- 14Serve with hot corn tortillas (I fry mine keeping them soft), sour cream, guac, cheese -- whatever lights your candle.
- 15This recipe serves 4 for a meal, 6 for a snack.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carnitas-Diana Style
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 812.4
- Calories from Fat 491
- Total Fat 54.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 224.5 mg
- Sodium 1071.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 66.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: