Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
My friends and I used to love to get together and have lunch. She presented this one day for dessert and my eyes bugged right outta my head! Oh, the chocolate! Oh, the praline! (the best part...) OH HOW EASY! She said she got it out of one of those little recipe books at the checkout counter.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup real butter (no subs!)
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (18 ounce) betty crocker devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, 1/4 cup cream, and butter. Heat until melted. Divide and pour into two 9" greased round cake pans. Sprinkle with the pecans.
- Prepare the cake mix and pour over the pecans.
- Bake until cake springs back when touched or toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then invert to wire racks.
- Beat cream to soft peaks. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until stiff.
- Place a layer of the cake on the cake plate. Spread with half the whipping cream. Top with other layer and remaining cream.