Recipe by Kaccy G.
This is a recipe that will knock your socks off! Needs to be refrigerate overnight. It's a good change from bacon or sausage for breakfast or brunch. It is also good served rolled in warmed flour tortillas for lunch or dinner.
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
This is so good! I made this for a burrito filling. Everyone liked it very much. I like how simple and easy this recipe is. The next day I put it all into the crockpot and set it to warm. We had a nice dinner waiting for us. I think leaving it overnight really lets the flavors come together. I didn't measure the diced tomatoes, but just used the whole can. Made and Reviewed for Zaar Tag - Thanks! :)
- 1 large texas yellow onion, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup rotel diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, juice drained
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 lbs top round beef (cut into 4 or 5 large pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, heavy pan with a lid, over medium heat, sauté onions, Ro-tel, red chili flakes, Tabasco, black pepper and cumin, adding a little water only as needed to keep the mixture from sticking.
- Stir frequently, cooking until the onion is translucent and tender.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid and stir well.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- There won't be much liquid at this point.
- Add beef.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover pot and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-1/2 hours or until beef is thoroughly tender.
- When beef has cooled, refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, shred beef pieces, using fingers.
- Skim and fat from cooking juices and return beef to pan.
- Reheat over low heat and serve.