Recipe by MissMia
This makes absolutely delicious and tender meat. I like to serve it with soft corn tortillas, pico de gallo, sour cream, cilantro, slices of avocado, and homemade salsa. It's great over rice and right out of the pan. This is definitely a 5 star recipe and SOOO easy.
- 2 lbs stewing beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapenos, seeds removed and minced
- 3 cups beef broth (Swanson is what I use and it DOES make a big difference)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon hot Mexican chili powder
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus
- salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, EVOO
Directions See How It's Made
- Preaheat oven to 350.
- Season meat with adobo.
- Toss meat with flour.
- In a frying pan large enough to put a single layer of meat add EVOO add olive oil and heat until hot. Add meat and brown.
- Add all remaining ingredients, scraping up browned bits, and cook over medium high heat until bubbling.
- Transfer to a 11 by 8 baking pan (holds a single layer of meat) and bake uncovered for 3 hours. The sauce should be very thick and the meat VERY tender.
- Serve as a taco or over rice.