Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A delicious dish with beef, spices and tomatoes. Serve over rice with fried crispy plantains called 'patacon' and a simple salad with a twist of lime and olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 2 beef bouillon cubes (prefer Maggie or Knorr brand)
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté flank steak until browned.
- Remove from the skillet and sauté chopped tomatoes, thinly sliced onions, minced garlic and cumin until veggies are tender.
- Add the flank steak, water, bouillon, salt and pepper.
- Allow to simmer on low until tender and meat pulls apart with a fork.
- Pull the steak apart into bite sized pieces.
- Allow the sauce to cook down to desired thickness for serving on rice, or add more water depending on how much it has cooked down.
after my complaints about colombian recipies posted on this site its great to see this... spot on, after 10yrs living and running a restie in colombia, this is just about bang on.... well done
What a horrible recipe! No flavor at all. Do yourself a favor and skip the water, and use rotel in place of it. Also, use a can of tomato paste as well. This recipe is a good start, but waaay to bland as is. Also add some jalepenos when you cook the veggies if you like it spicier.