1/1 Photo of Carne Guisado - Colombian Stewed Beef
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A delicious dish with beef, spices and tomatoes. Serve over rice with fried crispy plantains called 'patacon' and a simple salad with a twist of lime and olive oil, salt and pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté flank steak until browned.
- 2Remove from the skillet and sauté chopped tomatoes, thinly sliced onions, minced garlic and cumin until veggies are tender.
- 3Add the flank steak, water, bouillon, salt and pepper.
- 4Allow to simmer on low until tender and meat pulls apart with a fork.
- 5Pull the steak apart into bite sized pieces.
- 6Allow the sauce to cook down to desired thickness for serving on rice, or add more water depending on how much it has cooked down.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carne Guisado - Colombian Stewed Beef
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.8
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 874.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 26.3 g