1/6 Photos of Carne Guisada (Mexican Beef Stew)
2 hrs 30 mins
A luscious, tender Mexican beef stew with very basic ingredients. The oven baking makes the meat extremely tender, and the cumin gives it so much flavor! This is a typical Mexican beef stew, simple, with not a lot of vegetables. Serve folded up in warm tortillas, or on rice or with your favorite cornbread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Toss meat pieces with flour, then brown quickly in oil in an ovenproof Dutch oven.
- 3Add onion, garlic, jalapeño, beef stock, tomato paste, cumin and chili powder; bring to a simmer on the stove.
- 4Cover Dutch oven and place in the preheated oven, baking for about 2 to 2-1/2 hours, until meat is extremely tender.
- 5Serve as is, or on rice, or folded into warm tortillas.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carne Guisada (Mexican Beef Stew)
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.4
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 124.7 mg
- Sodium 653.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 42.7 g