Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
The perfect Puerto Rican meal. Everywhere you go this is one of the main dishes that is served in Puerto Rico. It goes very well served over steamed rice.
- 1 (8 ounce) can canned tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sofrito sauce
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packetsazon seasoning
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, combine tomato sauce, sofrito sauce, sazon seasoning, adobo seasoning, oregano, and salt. Simmer over medium low heat for 5 minutes. Add meat, and cook until evenly browned. Stir in just enough water to cover meat. Cover, and simmer for about 1 hour. Add potatoes, and cook for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.