Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The perfect Puerto Rican meal. Everywhere you go this is one of the main dishes that is served in Puerto Rico. It goes very well served over steamed rice.
- 1 (8 ounce) can canned tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sofrito sauce
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packetsazon seasoning
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup water
- In a large pot, combine tomato sauce, sofrito sauce, sazon seasoning, adobo seasoning, oregano, and salt. Simmer over medium low heat for 5 minutes. Add meat, and cook until evenly browned. Stir in just enough water to cover meat. Cover, and simmer for about 1 hour. Add potatoes, and cook for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.