5 hrs 20 mins
Carne Guisada is a mexican stew meat... it is one of my favorites when cooked properly. You can eat this in a tortilla or on a plate with rice and beans. Its great with cheese and avacado slices as condiments.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dredge stew meat in flour.
- 2In a large stock pot brown the beef on medium high heat in 2 tbsp of olive oil. remove meat.
- 3Add in 2 tbsp of olive oil and cook on medium heat.
- 4Add in the onions until translucent.
- 5Add the garlic and cook about 1 more minute.
- 6Throw in the browned meat and add herbs, spices, water and canned tomatoes.
- 7Turn up heat to high and bring to a boil.
- 8And turn heat down to low and simmer for 5 hours.
- 9I sometimes take a short cut and dredge and brown the meat in a skillet then throw everything in a crock pot and let simmer on low for 6-8 hours depending on how tender you like the meat. You can also cut down on the water quite a bit when using the crock pot and add water as needed.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carne Guisada
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.7
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 359.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 26.2 g