Recipe by tinterajj
Mexican beef stew I learned this recipe from my former mother-in-law. It's easy quick and can be done in the crockpot also.
- 1 (2 lb) package beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, diced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon (I use Knorr)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge the stew meat with the flour and beef bouillon. Add olive oil to the pan and brown meat. Remove meat and brown the onion and garlic in the drippings over medium heat. Add the canned tomatoes and water and scrape up browned bits on bottom of pan. Add back in the meat and add cumin and black pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and cover and cook on low for at least an hour – usually two hours. (Can be added to the crockpot at this point and set to low all day).