Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Rich in authentic mexican flavors!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stew meat
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can jalapenos (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper (may substitute cayenne if desired for heat)
- Brown stew meat in oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add canned tomatoes, jalapenos, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve on warm flour tortillas.
Simple and full of flavor! I actually ended up simmering for about 2 hours, but didn't have to add any more liquid. We enjoyed this very much. Thanks for posting.
This was very good. I had to add some beef broth to the recipe while it was simmering and I added a little dry red wine also. Very good.