- 3 lbs round steaks, 1/2" Thick
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, Ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, Ground
- 1 clove garlic, Smashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut round steak into cubes and brown in shortening in heavy skillet or Dutch oven.
- Peel and cube potatoes (approximately in 1/2-inch cubes).
- Once meat is slight browned add potatoes and continue to brown. (Don't worry if it sticks to the bottom of the skillet.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, cumin powder and garlic.
- Add Approcimately ONE cup of water and simmer until meat and potatoes are tender.
- Potatoes will thicken sauce.