Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 lbs round steaks, 1/2" Thick
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, Ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, Ground
- 1 clove garlic, Smashed
- Cut round steak into cubes and brown in shortening in heavy skillet or Dutch oven.
- Peel and cube potatoes (approximately in 1/2-inch cubes).
- Once meat is slight browned add potatoes and continue to brown. (Don't worry if it sticks to the bottom of the skillet.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, pepper, cumin powder and garlic.
- Add Approcimately ONE cup of water and simmer until meat and potatoes are tender.
- Potatoes will thicken sauce.
It was very easy to make and was a huge hit my husband and friends loved it.
Easy and good. Followed the recipe up to the simmer part, then put it all in the crockpot and cooked it all day. Excellent.