Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this from Mari's Cooking
Make and share this Carne Frita (Fried Pork Chunks) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs fresh pork shoulder (Cut into 1 inch chunks)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 5 garlic cloves, mashed to a paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- Rinse meat add vinegar, garlic, adobo, oregano, and olive oil. Let marinate 2 hours or overnight.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees in medium sized batches till done , about 10 -12 minutes. Drain and serve.
I know, I didn't have all the ingredients so I should not be rating this recipe. But I had pork chunks that I did not know what to do with. Didn't have wine vinegar, so used the white vinegar I had. Only had one hour to marinate the chunks in all of the ingredients. When the pork was well browned I deglazed the pan with some Lambrusco wine and reduced the sauce.. Served the mixture over Dreamfield pasta because my wife and I are diabetic and it does not raise our blood sugar.<br/>Even though my wife is picky about food she said: "This is a good combination." I agree. We both enjoyed this recipe.<br/>Thank you Michelle for a tasty recipe.
I've had Carne Frita in restaurants before but usually found them over cooked and dry. So I decided to try making it myself. The dish was easy to prepare and super easy to cook. It came out wonderful. Crispy inside while tender and juicy inside. I served it with arroz con gandules and a simple vinegar and oil salad. I also sprinkled white vinegar over the pork before serving to bring out even more flavor.