1 hr 30 mins
This is one Filipino dish that comes from the Visayas region. This is served with hot rice. This dish gets better as it stays longer. This can also be used as sandwich filling. Very easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice sirloin 1/8 inch thick.
- 2In a saucepan put in the meat, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic,laurel leaf and peppercorns. Boil the meat over low heat. Leave uncovered until the smell of vinegar dissipates, DO NOT STIR.
- 3Add water when needed.
- 4Cover and let simmer until meat is very tender.
- 5Season with salt.
- 6Slice the white onions into rings.
- 7In a frying pan, saute the onions till wilted. Remove from pan.
- 8Put in the meat, reserve the liquid it was boiled inches
- 9Brown the meat. Add the reserved liquid. Let it simmer till liquid has been reduced.
- 10Transfer meat to a platter, pour sauce over. Top with sauteed onions. Serve hot with Jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carne Frita
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.1
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 83.5 mg
- Sodium 1385.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: