- 1 lb beef, cut in chunks (Chuck or similar)
For the marinade
- 1 onion, small, cut into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt, to taste
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the meat, garlic, onion and salt in a plastic bag, seal and marinate overnight.
- Drain meat and discard marinade.
- Fry the meat in hot oil in a covered frying pan with the onions, scallions and tomatoes.
- Add water and stir to make a sauce. Replace the cover and cook the meat for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the pieces of meat and grind them. Then add the ground meat back into the sauce. Blend thoroughly.
- Serve hot with beans and rice.