Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My hubby is from Colombia and this is one of his favorite dishes from home.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (1 g) packages sazon goya (found in the international foods section normally)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Boil flank steak, potato, and salt in a covered pot till steak is fully cooked.
- When done, drain and shred the steak (I do this by hand).
- Preheat oil in a large skillet over med heat.
- When oil is heated, place all ingredients (except ketchup) in oil and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- If desired, stir in a little ketchup to give it a little kick.
- Serve with hot rice.
This was just wonderful. I made this for my friend whom is from Colombia and he just loved it. This is truly an awesome recipe. Thanks for posting it!
this was very tasty and easy to make. i served it with chimichurri sauce on the side to spice it up. good family dinner
I made this recipe as one of my "Pick-A-Chef" recipes, and what a great choice it was! I expected this dish to be a little spicy, but it was pretty mild and had a great flavor. My husband added some chopped fresh jalapenos to his portion for an extra kick. I served this with floured tortillas and rice.