1/2 Photos of Carne Con Papas
2 hrs 30 mins
Ingrid Nicolich-Obregon's Note:
Ingrid's Carne Con Papas. Traditional Cuban meal. For an Italian twist, serve over wide egg noodles and sprinkle cinamon on top!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lbs stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large italian green pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon seasoning (I prefer Mrs. Dash)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (8 ounce) can of no-salt tomato sauce
- 16 ounces water
- 8 ounces white wine
- 1/4 cup of pimento-stuffed Spanish olives
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 -3 carrots, peeled and sliced cross-wise into chunks
- 4 ounces frozen peas
- 1In a dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Add meat and saute until cooked through and brown, turning frequently.
- 3Add the paprika and cumin and stir to coat meat.
- 4Add the onions, garlic, green pepper, pepperoncini and bay leaves.
- 5Season with salt, pepper and seasoning (Mrs. Dash).
- 6Cook until onions are translucent.
- 7Add tomato sauce.
- 8Add white wine and water using empty tomato sauce can.
- 9Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook covered for about 1 1/2 hours.
- 10Add potatoes, carrots and olives.
- 11Cook for about another 30-45 minutes, until potatoes and carrots are soft.
- 12(Add water or wine if soup thickens too much).
- 13Add peas about 15 minutes afterwards.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carne Con Papas
Serving Size: 1 (614 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4625.3
- Calories from Fat 2625
- Total Fat 291.7 g
- Saturated Fat 86.2 g
- Cholesterol 607.8 mg
- Sodium 6570.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 248.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 40.6 g
- Sugars 47.3 g
- Protein 199.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: