Recipe by DrGaellon
Adapted from a recipe by trooworld at allrecipes.com. Reduced the amount of chiles (because I'm a wimp) and converted to crockpot cookery.
- 3 -4 lbs pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (to taste)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 10 tomatillos, husked and cut in half
- 1 large tomatoes, quartered
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and halved
- 1 dried red chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet. Sprinkle roast with pepper, garlic powder and seasoning salt; rub in well. When oil is shimmering, add roast and brown well on all sides. Transfer roast to slow cooker.
- Combine the lime juice, tomatillos, tomato, jalapenos, and dried chilies in the workbowl of a blender or food processor along with the garlic and salt. Blend until smooth. Pour over roast.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- 15 min before cooking is completed, add cilantro.
- When cooking is done, shred meat using 2 forks; stir meat back in to sauce and serve as taco filling, or over rice.