1/2 Photos of Carne Assada a Portuguesa (Portuguese Pot Roast)
4 hrs 15 mins
For ZWT 5. Found this in-The Cookbook of the United Nations. Time does not include marinating for 24 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Place roast in a glass oblong pan, add red wine, 2 sliced onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 3Put in refrigerator and marinate for 24 hrs and turn a few times.
- 4Heat oil in a dutch oven or heavy kettle with lid, add the remaining 1 sliced onion, brown, remove and save for later.
- 5Remove roast from marinade, drain and dry. Save marinade for later.
- 6Brown roast in hot oil on all sides, add browned onions and marinade.
- 7Add water. Water should cover 2/3's of the roast.
- 8Cover tightly and simmer for 4 to 4 1/2 hours, turning occasionally.
- 9The last half hour, add sliced tomatoes and cook uncovered for the last 30 minutes.
- 10You can strain and thicken the sauce, if desired.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carne Assada a Portuguesa (Portuguese Pot Roast)
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.8
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 138.3 mg
- Sodium 707.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 47.9 g