Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great dish for a cool night. Filling and easy to make it is a great meal when you don't have a lot of time.
- 1⁄2-1 lb thinly sliced beef
- 2 -3 large zucchini
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 -3 slices onions (rings)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- I like to use carne asada, but recipe did not recognize this ingredient.
- Cut up meat into small bite size pieces.
- With oil in the pan fry the garlic and onion slices for a few seconds before you put in the meat.
- Cook the meat until well browned.
- Slice the zucchini into thin slices and put into the pan. I like to use the side of my cheese grater to slice the zucchini it makes for very uniform slices and cooks well.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer with lid on large pot.
- I sometimes add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup water to make it more soupy. You can eat this alone or over rice or sometimes I just add rice right into the pot while its cooking.
- Taste the broth it makes while cooking and adjust cumin salt and pepper to your liking.
- I also like to use a wok for this dish it just cooks well when I am making a large amount.