Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
I worked in a Taco shop and learned how to make this. It is a great change from the traditional carne asada burrito.
- Cut the steak into small bite size pieces.
- Add the parsley, garlic salt, and pepper and coat evenly.
- Heat frying pan on high till hot (water should sizzle on pan).
- Heat oil for a few seconds and immediately add meat in center of pan and quickly spread meat to one layer.
- Once oil has dissipated and the meat has browned, add a tablespoon of water to pan and quickly scrap pan to coat the meat.
- Set aside once water has evaporated.
- Spread mayonnaise on bolillo rolls and heat mayonnaise side down on pan until toasty golden brown.
- Serve with refried beans, carne asada, shredded lettuce, guacamole and pico de gallo on roll.
I liked this. I was skeptical at first by the ingredients, but it came out ok. I added about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water instead of 1 tbls to pan to scrape up bits. I did slice the meat very thin and added 1/2 tsp minced garlic with the water. The rolls with mayonaise were nicely toasted. You should list the refried beans, guacamole and pico de gallo in the ingredients, since those are part of making the torta. I did not use the refried beans because I do not like them, but did use the guacamole and pico the gallo. Overall this was quick and simple!!