I worked in a Taco shop and learned how to make this. It is a great change from the traditional carne asada burrito.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the steak into small bite size pieces.
- 2Add the parsley, garlic salt, and pepper and coat evenly.
- 3Heat frying pan on high till hot (water should sizzle on pan).
- 4Heat oil for a few seconds and immediately add meat in center of pan and quickly spread meat to one layer.
- 5Once oil has dissipated and the meat has browned, add a tablespoon of water to pan and quickly scrap pan to coat the meat.
- 6Set aside once water has evaporated.
- 7Spread mayonnaise on bolillo rolls and heat mayonnaise side down on pan until toasty golden brown.
- 8Serve with refried beans, carne asada, shredded lettuce, guacamole and pico de gallo on roll.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carne Asada Torta
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.2
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 129.5 mg
- Sodium 436.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 57.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: