1/2 Photos of Carne Asada Tacos
I love the spicy carne asada tacos at a local eatery and went in search of a recipe I could use to make them myself. I ran across this one in our local paper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For carne asada
- 2 lbs flank steaks or 2 lbs round steaks
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely ground Mexican oregano (optional)
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped (Roma)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, white and green parts,chopped
- 6 -8 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Garnishes for Tacos
- 1Marinate meat, then prepare garnish ingredients and salsa before grilling meat.
- 2Plan to have tortillas warmed as you are ready to serve meat.
- 3For Carne asada: Marinate the thin steaks in lime juice in a shallow glass dish.
- 4Let set for 1 minutes, then add garlic, crushed red chile, black pepper, and Mexican oregano (if desired).
- 5Marinate in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes, but longer is better.
- 6When grill is red hot, grill steaks on each side for 1-2 minutes.
- 7Meat is thin and cooks quickly.
- 8Sprinkle meat with coarse salt as it cooks.
- 9Let meat cool a couple of minutes, then cut into thin strips against the grain.
- 10Serve immediately with warmed tortillas, salsa and garnishes.
- 11Salsa: combine all ingredients and season to taste.
- 12You should have about 1 1/4 cups.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carne Asada Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.8
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 102.8 mg
- Sodium 112.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 35.9 g