Mmmm- grilled steak and fresh vegetables surrounded with a Mexican-style wrap!
Make and share this Carne Asada Soft Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skirt steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas (I use the mini, plain tortillas as well as larger tomato or spinach flavored) or 8 10-inch corn tortillas (I use the mini, plain tortillas as well as larger tomato or spinach flavored)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 2 avocados, pitted peeled and sliced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Additional toppings to taste (I use jalapenos, pepperoncinis, tomato, spinach/lettuce).
- Preheat grill.
- Sprinkle lime juice over steak and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Grease rack with olive oil before placing steak on grill.
- Grill until desired doneness is reached.
- Transfer to a cutting board to rest.
- Thinly slice across the grain.
- Quickly warm tortillas on grill, about 5 seconds per side.
- Serve meat in tortillas with salsa, avocado, onion and cilantro.
- Note: these can easily be done on the stove top!
A great way to make Mexican when you live far from the border! These were excellent. My husband enjoyed them very much, as it was his first time with carne asada. I didn't have jarred salsa (we live outside the US), so I made my own, and we only had one avocado, but they were delicious. Used flour tortillas, but I bet corn would be tasty as well. Thanks for sharing this recipe, s'kat! If you have other tried and true Mexican recipes, please post more!
S'kat, this was good! I made the meat on the grill (and heated the tortillas there as well). I used small flour tortillas and instead of jarred salsa, I used my own homemade pico de gallo. I really liked eating them with the avocados, it really added to the flavor. Thanks for posting this!