Prep 4 hrs 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was taken from E-Cookbooks International Recipe Sampler
Make and share this Carne Asada - Mexico recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Mix juices, garlic, onion, tequila, Tabasco and pepper in a bowl.
- Add meat and marinate both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate, turning meat over occasionallt.
- Let sit 4 hours or more.
- Preheat grill.
- Place few drops of water on each tortilla, stack and wrap in foil.
- Place on grill.
- Remove meat from marinade, reserve marinade.
- Place meat on grill.
- Turn steak and tortillas once during cooking.
- Brush steak with remaining marinade.
- Cook steak to your liking.
- Cut into think slices.
- Place a few slices of steak on each tortilla with salsa and guacamole and serve.
Made without alcohol. Marinated for two hours. This was pretty good, thanks!
I got an authenic recipe in Mexico and misplaced it and decided to use this one. It was pretty much the same except I remember mine had onions in the marinade with no tequila. So I used this recipe and left off the tequila and added the onion slices or rings and the meat tasted like I remember in Mexico. So I will be using this again with my changes.
What a very delicious dish. I made as posted but cut it in half. We just loved it. It had a burst of heat with the first bite and after that your taste buds get used to the heat. DH added a touch of shredded romaine lettuce and sliced cherry tomatoes to his. I broke my grill out for the year with this recipe. Thanks for getting me back in the mood. And thanks for posting this. :)