Recipe by Charmie777
A great marinade for steak!!! (You can even use it for chicken for Pollo Asada!) I use skirt steak for flap meat, but any thin cut steak would work. This recipe is for up to 4 pounds of meat. Cook time does NOT include marinating time.
Top Review by dawnie2u
I made this with chicken breasts that I had cut into 1-inch chunks and marinated all day. Then with my very hot cast iron frying pan, I cooked until the chicken was just done. I served this as make your own burritos, and it was fantastic. Thanks for a great recipe Charmie!
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 oranges, juice of or 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed coriander seeds
- 5 garlic cloves, COARSLEY CHOPPED (OR TO TASTE)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup soy sauce (I USE 1/4 CUP SOY IF USING REGULAR SOY, 1/2 CUP IF USING LITE SOY)
- 2 sliced jalapeno peppers (or to taste)
- 1 medium onion, SLICED THIN
- 4 lbs skirt steaks (or flap meat)