1/2 Photos of Carne Asada Marinade
A great marinade for steak!!! (You can even use it for chicken for Pollo Asada!) I use skirt steak for flap meat, but any thin cut steak would work. This recipe is for up to 4 pounds of meat. Cook time does NOT include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 oranges, juice of or 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed coriander seeds
- 5 garlic cloves, COARSLEY CHOPPED (OR TO TASTE)
- 1/4-1/2 cup soy sauce (I USE 1/4 CUP SOY IF USING REGULAR SOY, 1/2 CUP IF USING LITE SOY)
- 2 sliced jalapeno peppers (or to taste)
- 1 medium onion, SLICED THIN
- 4 lbs skirt steaks (or flap meat)
- 1Combine all ingredients in a 1-gallon ziploc bag.
- 2Add meat, seal and massage marinade into meat.
- 3Marinate in bag for up to 24 hours, turning and massaging frequently.
- 4Grill to medium rare.
- 5Serve whole, sliced, or diced for tacos or burritos!
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carne Asada Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.5
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 196.5 mg
- Sodium 922.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 66.4 g