Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great marinade for steak!!! (You can even use it for chicken for Pollo Asada!) I use skirt steak for flap meat, but any thin cut steak would work. This recipe is for up to 4 pounds of meat. Cook time does NOT include marinating time.
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 oranges, juice of or 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed coriander seeds
- 5 garlic cloves, COARSLEY CHOPPED (OR TO TASTE)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup soy sauce (I USE 1/4 CUP SOY IF USING REGULAR SOY, 1/2 CUP IF USING LITE SOY)
- 2 sliced jalapeno peppers (or to taste)
- 1 medium onion, SLICED THIN
- 4 lbs skirt steaks (or flap meat)
- Combine all ingredients in a 1-gallon ziploc bag.
- Add meat, seal and massage marinade into meat.
- Marinate in bag for up to 24 hours, turning and massaging frequently.
- Grill to medium rare.
- Serve whole, sliced, or diced for tacos or burritos!
I made this with chicken breasts that I had cut into 1-inch chunks and marinated all day. Then with my very hot cast iron frying pan, I cooked until the chicken was just done. I served this as make your own burritos, and it was fantastic. Thanks for a great recipe Charmie!
Man oh man, this was delicious! It will be my go to marinade from now on when making Mexican cuisine. I marinated 2 strip steaks, cooked in the Sous Vide, finished off on the girl. Sliced them thin, served in flour tortillas with cilantro, onions and avocado and other taco trimmings. We loved it and so did our teens! Thanks for sharing & posting Charmie!
Best Carne Asada marinade EVER. No modifications, perfect !!!