A great marinade for steak!!! (You can even use it for chicken for Pollo Asada!) I use skirt steak for flap meat, but any thin cut steak would work. This recipe is for up to 4 pounds of meat. Cook time does NOT include marinating time.
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 oranges, juice of or 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed coriander seeds
- 5 garlic cloves, COARSLEY CHOPPED (OR TO TASTE)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup soy sauce (I USE 1/4 CUP SOY IF USING REGULAR SOY, 1/2 CUP IF USING LITE SOY)
- 2 sliced jalapeno peppers (or to taste)
- 1 medium onion, SLICED THIN
- 4 lbs skirt steaks (or flap meat)
- Combine all ingredients in a 1-gallon ziploc bag.
- Add meat, seal and massage marinade into meat.
- Marinate in bag for up to 24 hours, turning and massaging frequently.
- Grill to medium rare.
- Serve whole, sliced, or diced for tacos or burritos!