2 hrs 30 mins
Not your average Beef Stew. Chunks of beef in a rich tomato base with a kick! After browsing the recipes on here, I thought I would try to invent my own!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs stew beef chunks (or nicer if you like)
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can of diced jalapenos
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5 russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Cut onion into half-rings. Set aside.
- 2Dice Garlic and set aside.
- 3In a large pot, add Vegetable oil to cover bottom. Heat on high heat.
- 4When oil is hot, add cubed beef and quickly stir so that all sides get brown.
- 5Allow beef to cook in its own juices.
- 6When beef is a bit brown, lower heat to med-high and add onion and garlic. Sauté until onion is tender.
- 7Lower heat to medium and add canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, green chilies, and jalapenos.
- 8Add beef broth, cumin, and salt. Stir to mix well.
- 9Wash and peel potatoes and cut into same size chunks as beef. Add to the pot.
- 10Let simmer on low to med-low for 2 hours or until potatoes are done.
- 11Serve with warm Flour Tortillas.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carne Asada Cube Stew (Carne Guisada?)
Serving Size: 1 (490 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.6
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 76.6 mg
- Sodium 1853.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stew beef chunks