1/3 Photos of Carne Asada Burgers
1 hr 15 mins
Halcyon Eve's Note:
I saw Bergy had a recipe for Carne Asada Burgers, and while they weren't quite what I wanted, they inspired me to make up my own. We thought they were delicious! I am very much a cheeseburger person, but I didn't miss the cheese at all. In fact, I think it would not be as good with cheese as it was without it, except maybe pepper jack. Prep time includes marinading time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup lime juice, plus
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 dashes cumin
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- 4 lean frozen beef burger patties, thawed
- 2 bunches green onions, trimmed to about 3-4-inch long
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup thick salsa (I used Pace Chipotle Thick & Chunky Salsa)
- 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 buns
- 1Combine 1/4 c lime juice, 1/4 c olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder in a large ziplock bag. Add beef patties in a single layer and lay flat to marinade. Marinade 1-2 hours, turning to marinade both sides evenly.
- 2Combine 2 tbsp lime juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin, and garlic powder in a small ziplock bag. Add green onions; marinade 1-2 hours, shaking now and then.
- 3Combine salsa and mayonnaise and mix well; refrigerate sauce until needed.
- 4Grill beef patties over gas or coals until cooked to desired doneness (about 12-15 minutes for 1/2 inch patties over hot coals for medium-well).
- 5Grill green onions for a couple of minutes, until cooked and just charred around the edges. Toast buns if desired.
- 6Assemble burgers by spreading salsa sauce on buns, topping with beef patties, grilled green onions, and avocado slices.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carne Asada Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.4
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 421.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen beef burger patties