Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I couldn't find quite the right burger for tonight so I made this one up and thought it turned out rather well -Hope you try it. I did not include possible garnishs' to the ingredient list because it is up to you what you enjoy on a burger. Avocado would go will on this one. I added 2 cheese slices, raw sweet onion sliced 1/4" thick, sliced tomatoes and my choice of Salsa was Habanero/ Mango Salsa. I used "El Mexicano" prepared Carne Asado powder however there are recipes on Zaar if you wish to make your own spice powder. For this burger I like a full 6 ozs of meat. Make as many burgers as you wish just keep repeating the recipe
- 6 ounces lean ground chuck or 6 ounces other lean ground beef
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon carne asada spice mix
- 3 teaspoons 2% fat cottage cheese
- 2 teaspoons salsa, your choice
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large hamburger bun
- Make 2- 3 oz meat patties, sprinkle with salt& pepper Sprinkle with the Carne Asada, add the cottage cheese in the center of one patty, top with the other patty and carefully seal the edges.
- Refrigerate for apprx 1 hour, covered Spray a fry pan with pam or olive oil& turn the heat to high.
- Add the patty and brown on one side for 3 minutes, don't let it burn.
- Turn the heat to medium, flip the patty and cover the pan, continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, replace lid, turn heat to medium low.
- Continue cooking until the mushrooms are golden and the burger is cooked through apprx 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile toast one side of each half of the bun, butter it if you wish.
- Top the burger with the salsa. Serve the mushrooms on the burger or on the side, Add whatever garnish you want on the burger and enjoy.