1/1 Photo of Carne Asada Burger
I couldn't find quite the right burger for tonight so I made this one up and thought it turned out rather well -Hope you try it. I did not include possible garnishs' to the ingredient list because it is up to you what you enjoy on a burger. Avocado would go will on this one. I added 2 cheese slices, raw sweet onion sliced 1/4" thick, sliced tomatoes and my choice of Salsa was Habanero/ Mango Salsa. I used "El Mexicano" prepared Carne Asado powder however there are recipes on Zaar if you wish to make your own spice powder. For this burger I like a full 6 ozs of meat. Make as many burgers as you wish just keep repeating the recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make 2- 3 oz meat patties, sprinkle with salt& pepper Sprinkle with the Carne Asada, add the cottage cheese in the center of one patty, top with the other patty and carefully seal the edges.
- 2Refrigerate for apprx 1 hour, covered Spray a fry pan with pam or olive oil& turn the heat to high.
- 3Add the patty and brown on one side for 3 minutes, don't let it burn.
- 4Turn the heat to medium, flip the patty and cover the pan, continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- 5Add mushrooms, replace lid, turn heat to medium low.
- 6Continue cooking until the mushrooms are golden and the burger is cooked through apprx 5 more minutes.
- 7Meanwhile toast one side of each half of the bun, butter it if you wish.
- 8Top the burger with the salsa. Serve the mushrooms on the burger or on the side, Add whatever garnish you want on the burger and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carne Asada Burger
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.6
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 116.7 mg
- Sodium 430.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 39.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean ground chuck
carne asada spice mix