Prep 45 mins
Cook 6 mins
Typical Mexican flank steak, marinated, then cooked rapidly at high heat, and splashed with the zing of fresh lime-que delisioso!
- If necessary, trim steak, leaving some fat.
- In shallow dish, rub steaks with garlic and oil.
- Marinate steaks,covered and chilled, at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day.
- Prepare grill.
- Season steaks generously with coarse salt and grill on a rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals 2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- (Alternatively, steaks may be broiled on rack of a broiler pan under a preheated broiler 3 inches from heat about 4 minutes on each side.) Transfer steaks to a cutting board and drizzle with lime juice.
- Let steaks stand, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes and with a sharp knife cut diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Garnish with grilled onions, serve with tortillas, refried beans and rice.
This was a great simple recipe. It was a little too lime-y for me, but delicious all the same. I think it would be a 5 star recipe on the grill; I did mine under the broiler. Thanks for sharing!