Prep 6 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Delicious Mexican dish that is pretty easy to make. it's best on a grill, but you can easily broil it as well if you don't want to drag the ol' grill out. Most of the prep time is marinating.
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- Mix tequila, juices, garlic, onion, Tabasco, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add steaks to marinade, ensuring they are completely covered.
- Place in refrigerator 4-6 hours, turning occasionally to ensure they stay submerged in marinade.
- Remove steaks, and grill about 7 minutes on each side.
- (You may pour a bit of the marinade on them while they're cooking) When done cooking, slice steak into about 1/2-1 inch slices and serve with tortillas, salsa, guacamole, cheese, or whatever else you'd like.
We had this last night for dinner, cooked on a gas grill. Very Good! I only had time to marinate for 2 hours and the steak turned out fine. We had the very thinly sliced steak on fresh flour tortillas with grilled peppers, onions, guacamole, salsa and sour cream. Great dinner! Thanks Kevin!
Wow....don't know what to say about this one except that I definitely won't be trying it again. Way, way too much citrus...I'm thinking lime and lemon. Just not good. And to be fair, it could have been me...but I did follow the recipe. I actually had to add things after it was cooked just to make it some what better....didn't work. Sorry.
Very easy to make. Used this recipe for a reunion and it went over very well. The flavor of the meat was terrific, what interesting things you can do with tequila.