Recipe by TJW
One of my favorites! It doesn't get much better than this! Another recipe from the Chile Head mailing list!
- 4 lbs boneless pork shoulder or 4 lbs pork butt, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 medium onions, chopped medium
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cilantro
- 4 hot new mexico peppers, I like Barkers, roasted, peeled and deseeded, chopped medium
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place everything except the stock and the pork in a blender or processor and puree. Add stock as needed to make a thick sauce.
- Marinate the pork at least 24 hours, or up to 48 hours (refrigerated).
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Place pork in a roasting pan, and bake for about 3 1/2 hours, or until tender.