Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
For ZWT 5. From The Foods and Wines of Spain.
Make and share this Carne a La Castellan(Castilian-Style Sliced Beef) recipe from Food.com.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in skillet.
- Add and saute sliced onions and minced garlic slowly, cover til onions are tender.
- Add ham, stir and remove from the heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in another skillet till smoking point.
- Add the sirloin and fry quickly until just brown.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Put the last 2 tablespoons of olive oil in skillet.
- Stir in flour and cook for a few minutes, add beef broth and dry red wine.
- Keep stirring until smooth and thickened.
- To the sauce add the onion mixture. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add the sirlion back to the pan and heat for 1 minute.
This was a wonderful dinner. It was a real treat and not hard at all to make. I added more garlic than called for, because I love garlic. Thank you for posting! ZWT5