Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was in some coupons I was clipping and it sounds yummy. I can't wait to give it a whirl!
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 large baking potatoes, baked
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk.
- Scoop potato pulp from 1 potato (reserving the skin); mash.
- Add pulp to broth mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes just to a boil.
- Dice remaining potato skin and potato; add to soup; heat through.
- Spoon into bowls.
- Sprinkle each with your desired toppings.
Very easy to make and delicious. I added fresh garlic and s&p. Also added a few boiled shrimp--complemented nicely. Will definitely make this again.
This soup is OUTSTANDING!!! It is very easy to make. I have made this 3 times now. Even though I reduced the flour by half the second time, the leftovers were too thick when reheated. This last time I used only one heaping tablespoon and it was perfect for our taste. I also add salt, pepper, and fresh chopped parsley.
I found this in the coupons as well and I made it. It is good although I added a little salt and pepper along with some fresh garlic and chopped a little celery. LOL it looks like I did alot but if you dont add at least a little pepper and salt to tast it will lack flavor. My family loved it and ate it all and requested I make more! and considering how easy it was I will!